Our location within the Washington, DC suburbs means access to Federal agencies and a skilled workforce. Median household income is high, as is educational attainment. We're a center for biotech innovation. But our local economy also has a significant concentration of small professional services companies.
- Location, Location: 15 miles from Washington, DC
- Great Neighborhood: Home to NIST and minutes to federal agencies (FDA, NIH, HHS, NSA and DOE)
- Smart: 25+% of population has Graduate or Professional degrees; 12 Institutions of Higher Learning within 20-mile radius
- Perks: HUB Zone, Maryland Enterprise Zone and Opportunity Zone locations
- Connected: 3 major airports within 35 miles; local Metro (Red Line) and MARC commuter rail
|National Institute of Standards & Technology (US Department of Commerce)||Federal Government/R&D||2730|
|AstraZeneca (previously MedImmune)||Life Sciences R&D; headquarters||2290|
|Leidos (former Lockheed Martin)||Information Systems (Defense)||1200|
|Asbury Methodist Village||Continuing Care Retirement Community||820|
|GeneDx, Inc.||Life Sciences; headquarters||556|
|Sodexo USA||Food & Facilities Management; US headquarters||511|
|Hughes Network Systems, LLC||Electronic Assembly;Communications Technology||450|
|Adventist HealthCare||Medical Services||400|
|Emergent BioSolutions||Life Sciences R&D; headquarters||387|
|Kaiser Permanente||Medical Services||350|
Why the Focus on Life Sciences?
Read more about the connection between Gaithersburg and the biotech industry.
|Montgomery County Schools||Within 20 miles|